This evening was an amazing time for Harrison and I. We packed up my new car :) and went location shopping. I am looking for some new areas to do client photo sessions. I rediscovered a local college campus and think I found a few pretty good new spots to try.
The Easter Bunny made a special delivery at our house prior to out debarkation and delivered a bubble gun. The bunny must have known Harrison would need something to keep him occupied on our search.
Next he raced Whitney Dog
I only wish it wouldn't have been Doug's night to work this week... I would have loved some photos from this.... Do you remember the game red light green light? You run on green and stop on red. Through these open fields and trails we played for more than hour, we definitely got our cardio in for the day. Harrison did a few dives into the grass and I even took one too. It was a blast!
I can't forget the proud moment Doug would have loved to be present for---Harrison's first pee in the woods. When you have to go you have to go.
It was a memorable night.
I guess you could say it's Harrison's golden month. He was born on the 28th and he is 28 months on the 28th of this month. So, what can I tell you that is new in 28 bullets?
- 1. He weighed 27 lbs at his doctors appointment today wearing his clothes and shoes.
- 2. Favorite food is string cheese
- 3. The world stops for motorcycles & airplanes
- 4. POTTY TRAINED! Uses the BIG POTTY!
- 5. When asked what color things are everything is purple & green
- 6. Still uses a plug (pacifier) in the car and at night
- 7. Favorite toy vacuum cleaner
- 8. Favorite bribe: Suckers/Mickey Mouse
- 9. Favorite book: Llama, Llama
- 10. Giggles during TV programs
- 11. Asks, "Where Whee, Whee," (Whitney Dog) at least half a dozen times a day.
- 12. Like to take pictures/dislikes having his picture taken
- 13. Doesn't like to be sticky and waits for permission to get dirty
- 14. Loves puddle jumping!
- 15. Pretends to eat food/candy from pictures in books
- 16. Likes to be tucked in at night
- 17. Has two minute time-outs
- 18. Dislikes coloring & drawing/prefers painting & play dough
- 19. Favorite pretend character to be: Monster
- 20. Sweet treat of choice: Oreo Cookies
- 21. Sneaks in our room a couple times a week and puts himself back to sleep on the floor next to our bed.
- 22. Sleeps through the night 2-3 times per week (yes, feel bad for us)
- 23. Likes to go for car rides to look for BIG TRUCKS
- 24. Shares a love for shoes with mommy (has at least a dozen pairs)
- 25. Never leaves the house without a "key, key" (blanket)
- 26. Fluent in please & thank you (best two signs we ever taught him)
- 27. Mickey Mouse EVERYTHING
- 28. BIG SLIDES
We meet next week with birth to three to discuss his latest assessment mainly discussing language (speech). We are hoping to get some help in helping Harrison improve his vocabulary and start verbalizing appropriate for his age. Some days are more frustrating than others, he is so smart, we just wish his verbalization would reflect this.
Harrison and daddy also went to see Harrison's primary doctor today with his post pneumonia coughing. He has been started on a different inhaler. The doctor said it's a matter of finding which inhaler is the right inhaler for Harrison to help break up the dead bacteria in his lungs. Harrison's lungs weren't clear at the appointment, but doctor said it's reassuring it's not a recurrence of another bout of pneumonia. The antibiotic that Harrison was on killed the pneumonia, but it may take several more weeks for his lungs to clear up. For now we will use his inhalers combined, 6 times daily.
Another month gone by way to fast...before we know it we will be planning his third birthday party.